AAS Vision 2015-2025
Recognizing that AAS has achieved tremendous growth over the last ten years, and that the school is committed to engage, prepare, and support each student for today and tomorrow, the Governing Board endorses the following development goals, along with principles to guide such development, over the next ten years:
- We are dedicated to excellence and innovation. We aim to ensure that each graduate is able to successfully pursue the post-secondary path of his or her choice.
- We will undertake all improvements with a commitment to sustainability in the broadest sense -- educationally, environmentally, financially, and institutionally.
- We recognize the need to grow and mature as an organization while preserving the best aspects of our warm and friendly atmosphere.
- We support continued student population increases to fully utilize existing and planned facilities. While educational quality, financial sustainability, and facilities will determine the optimal student population size at any given time, the Board envisions growth to approximately 600 students.
- We maintain that educational quality and financial sustainability are the paramount considerations regarding decisions concerning growth.
- We endorse construction of a “Phase IV” expansion of the school to include an auditorium, additional flexible learning spaces, athletic and arts facilities of appropriate size and functionality. These spaces will support students’ growth as global citizens and promote a variety of lifelong activities including the arts, athletics, entrepreneurship, and leadership.
- We work to advance an innovative academic program that prepares students for the twenty-first century and meets the needs of diverse learners.
- We will prudently seek financial, institutional, and educational resources from alumni and the broader community.
- We will develop, enhance and maintain strong connections to the community to exemplify the role and effect on society that we expect of our students and graduates.