Central and Eastern European Schools Association (CEESA)
CEESA is the Central and Eastern European Schools Association, one of several regional associations of US State Department sponsored American Overseas Schools.
CEESA sponsors a wide variety of activities. Student activities include a cultural arts festival, celebrations and sports of all kinds, and more. CEESA supports the teachers of its member schools with Job-Alike (JALs) resources. In addition, there is the annual conference, bringing together 250 teachers for professional growth and social interaction. CEESA organizes several meetings during the year for school administrators for collaboration, planning and exchanging ideas. View the CEESA Athletics and Activities Handbook.
- International School of Helsinki (ISH) - Finland
- International School of Belgrade (ISB) - Serbia
- NOVA International Schools - Macedonia
- Pechersk School International (PSI) Kiev - Ukraine
- International School of Latvia (ISL) - Latvia
- International School of Prague (ISP) - Czech Republic
- Anglo-American School of Moscow (AAS) - Russia
- American School of Warsaw (ASW) - Poland
CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
- Safeguarding and Child Protection is a priority for every CEESA school.
- CEESA commits to supporting school environments that safeguard children through both prevention and intervention.
- CEESA works in cooperation with international agencies to ensure standards associated with best practices are regularly reviewed, revised, and applied in all operations, activities, and events.
- CEESA leaders honor and uphold child protection guidelines and procedures, in partnership with all stakeholders in their respective school communities.
- Actively uphold the CEESA Safeguarding and Child Protection Statement
- Implement School based Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies and Procedures that includes regular onsite training
- Employ Safe Recruitment Practices consistent with Safeguarding and Child Protection Policies
- Educate students and adults on Safeguarding and Child Protection