Mission & Core Values
The AAS Mission/ Мисията на ААУ
- foster a love of learning, healthy living and international community;
- develop the knowledge, skills and values to communicate, find solutions and innovate;
- enhance critical thinking, resourcefulness and creativity;
- cultivate leadership, compassion and responsible citizenship in both attitudes and actions;
- nurture the abilities to interact effectively with others and to act independently with confidence.
Our Core Values / Основните Ценности на ААУ
Всеотдайност, Yважение, Cъвършенство
- Academics, athletics, arts, service and sustainability collectively support our mission.
- We believe that learning is a lifelong journey that is transformative, collaborative and explorative.
- We appreciate and celebrate that the achievements of our holistic approach promote continuous growth.
- Self-awareness, willingness to push beyond limitations, and the desire to see things through to completion contribute to intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being.
“[One learns] the value of hard work by working hard.” - Margaret Mead
- Integrity, empathy, mutual respect and consideration, and an ethical environment commensurate with the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights support our mission.
- We believe that embracing a mix of cultures, talents, experiences and socioeconomic diversity makes AAS an authentic and fulfilling place in which to learn.
- We appreciate and celebrate people as individuals with unique talents and abilities.
- Wisdom and caring promotes the development of attitudes, values, self-regulation, relationships and responsible citizenship.
“Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” - Sir Winston Churchill
- Challenging, authentic and connected curricula, programs and assessments draw on the best international practices, help students develop the IB Learner Profile traits, and meet the requirements of our accreditation agencies to support our mission.
- We believe in encouragement, perseverance, cooperation, acceptance of individual responsibilities, and the provision of diverse and engaging learning opportunities for students.
- We appreciate and celebrate that successful learning and achievement takes many forms.
- Graduates leave AAS with more than experience and knowledge; they leave with confidence and an understanding of the role they may play in shaping the future.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle