The AAS Reopening Plan
On August 26, 2020, AAS will welcome students back to campus under the “Controlled Face-to-Face Model” (Moderate Risk).
The COVID-19 pandemic has altered almost all aspects of our lives. Hopefully, a vaccine will be developed. In the meantime, we adapt to the “new normal” of living with the virus present in all parts of society.
The AAS Reopening Plan has been developed so AAS can continue to provide the best possible education for the AAS community in the new normal.
The AAS Reopening Plan is guided by five principles:
- Act in a manner consistent with the AAS Mission and Core Values
- Prefer face to face learning over distance learning whenever it is safe to do so
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of students, families, staff
- Ensure that research supported hygiene and health practices are explicitly defined, implemented, and enforced
- Implement procedures that reduce the risk of transmission of the virus and prepare for flexible responsiveness to health issues within the AAS and broader communities
Due to the ever changing nature of the response to the pandemic by government agencies and health leaders, the AAS Reopening Plan is intentionally flexible. It is expected that changes to this plan will be made in response to updated guidelines and requirements from the Bulgarian Government, input from the US and UK Embassies, as well as guidance by leading health organizations.