Student Email Guidelines
AAS-Sofia students from grades 3 to 12 have an AAS-Sofia email address. Email communication between students and teachers should use only this address.
The following guidelines should be followed:
- Responsible use of email is an expectation of the AAS-Sofia Community. Using email to bully or intimidate or harm other users are serious offenses.
- The email subject should be brief and an accurate indication of the contents of the email.
- Only send email to the recipients who need to know the information in the email. For example, if you need to email another student you should not email all students. Email to large groups and “reply all” will rarely be used.
- Don’t forget that you can talk to a person directly; you don’t always have to use an email.
- Forwarding emails to recipients who were not included in the original email (unless the original sender approves) is not polite.
- Don’t use e-mail for unlawful activities, political or commercial purposes, any form of harassment or sending of spam messages
- Maintain your correct identity when using e-mail. Do not pretend to be someone else.
- Consider the tone. Remember when you send an email the recipient cannot see your facial expressions and cannot hear your voice. Does your email sound polite to the person receiving it?
- Watch your language. Don’t use defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, lewd, vulgar, rude, inflammatory, threatening, and disrespectful, or prejudicial language in public or private communication.
- If you feel upset don’t hit send, wait a while!
- When you create your password, make the password a combination of numbers and letters. Make it something you WILL remember.
- Check your email regularly.
- Google limits attachment size to 20MB.