Map & Directions
Our school campus is situated in the area of Detski Grad, near Pancharevo village. You can get to the campus by car or a taxi following the directions below. If you use public transport (bus N1 and minibus N36), you should get off at the flashing lights stop on Samokovsko Shose, then follow our driving directions.
Driving Directions From Sofia
- Drive south east towards the Ring Road.
- At the traffic police checkpoint (Gorubliane) take Samokovsko Shose, toward Pancharevo. You will pass an OMV petrol station on the right.
- Drive straight to the first flashing traffic lights and turn right (the only turn here). You will pass the Blue Cross vet clinic on your left.
- Take the first right turn. As you drive up the hill, you will be able to see the school. Parking is available for visitors.
- We recommend that you use an “OK Supertrans” taxi that has the phone number printed on the hood and side, 973-2121. If you don’t speak Bulgarian, just say, “English please” and the operator will transfer you to to an English-speaking colleague. They will ask where you are, where you want to go. Be sure to tell the operator that you want to go to the Anglo-American School in Pancharevo. Note that mentioning “Pancharevo” is important.
- After they hang up you will be sent a text message indicating the number of the taxi that will be picking you up and the time the taxi is expected to arrive. (eg, if the text reads “1314”, look to see that the taxi that you get displays the same number). This is written on a sticker affixed to the passenger-side of the dashboard or on the front windshield.)
- Most taxi drivers don’t speak English, so you might want to print the directions (above) and map and hand these over to the driver. If this isn’t clear to the driver, you can call our receptionist at +359-2-923-8810 for an explanation of the directions to your cab driver in Bulgarian.
- Taxi from the airport: At the airport, when you exit customs, make a RIGHT turn, and head out the side doors for the legitimate OK taxi line up. Never allow a person to take your bag to a taxi, and head out of the front of the building.